To err is human. I was born for traveling. I have spent a lot of time hitting the smooth and steep roads. When I started this activity, I made many mistakes and learned essential tips from essential traveling. I don’t know much about traveling, for instance, what I have to pack and whatnot.
Traveling can be fun; on the other hand, traveling can be hectic if you are not adequately prepared. Well, I know everyone has a different kind of taste. Everyone has different needs. But the things today I am going to discuss through this blog are common from every aspect.
As I quoted before, “To err is human.” Yes, humans make mistakes, forget necessities, or not ready for the unexpected.
Hopefully, through my mishaps, which I have had many, you can save money, sleep better, stay safe, embrace the local cultures, have the most spectacular vacations, all while becoming a better traveler.
Without further delay, here are my Essential Tips for Essential Travelling…
- 1 1: It is Essential to do Research
- 2 2: It is Essential to make Copies of your Documents
- 3 3: It is Essential to Keep updated Your Friends and Family
- 4 4: It is Essential to Use VPN When Using Public Wi-Fi
- 5 5: It is Essential to Know about Your Surroundings and Travel Like a Locals
- 6 6: It is Essential to Carry a Sarong
- 7 7: It is Essential to Carry Luggage You Can Handle
- 8 8: It is Essential to Get Vaccinated
- 9 9: It is Essential to Separate Your Source of Money
- 10 10: It is Essential to Book Accommodation in Advance
- 11 Final Thoughts…
1: It is Essential to do Research
You are traveling somewhere without any information, similar to searching for something in the darkness. It is essential to know about your destination before you arrive.
From where you’ll get the information about your destination?
- According to my experience, talk with locals for info, learn about the places to stay, and know about the incidences of crime. You can read the traveler reviews on related websites of your destination.
- You have to learn about this thing, whom to call in an emergency. The essential thing you can do, get the contact info for the embassy, other local emergency departments, and police station.
History or Background;
- History is a boring subject for some folks, but this thing is significant. Background knowledge of any country and city may also provide you some glimpses of how to stay safe.
- It is an essential and wise decision to know about your destination’s weather and climate patterns so that you can visit your destination wisely. This will help you know about the road blockages and landslides if you travel in the mountain range.
- You’ll know about the beaches, in lousy weather beaches may be closed, and you can’t do the sunbathing, diving, swimming, water sports, and other beach activities.
- When you get the information about the weather condition, you’ll pack and carry the appropriate things.
2: It is Essential to make Copies of your Documents
It is always a wise and intelligent decision to carry backups of your important documents. You don’t know when and where you might need a copy of your identification, passport, or driver’s license. You can scan the documents to save online or take a photo and save it on your phone. Try to make several hard copies of your essential documents.
The benefit of making copies of your Documents;
- For instance, you lost your passport, stolen or damaged during your trip. You can show the hard or digital copy of your documents in an embassy and prove citizenship.
3: It is Essential to Keep updated Your Friends and Family
When I started traveling, I had a bad habit. I didn’t keep update with my friends and family about my moves. I thought, If I tell my plans to my family members or my friends, they will try to spoil my plans. They will say, don’t do this, don’t do that, don’t go there, don’t eat this thing or that. But, two times I faced some problems, I thought I had to tell my parents or friends about my moves.
That’s why I added this section, and it is essential to keep updated your friends and family.
It doesn’t matter where you are going; it is wise to let friends or family back home know. I’ll suggest, when you leave for your destination, send a copy of your itinerary to trusted folks. They will check in regularly with your contacts, so they know you are where you are supposed to be.
4: It is Essential to Use VPN When Using Public Wi-Fi
At bus stations, train stations, airports, hotels, malls, libraries, restaurants, coffee shops, and even at every public place, you’ll get free internet access.
This is skepticism and raised the eyebrow, huh, really, generous people exist in this world? Who is setting up all of these free wi-fi hotspots?
Hackers can hack your valuable info, including credit or debit card, when you use public Wi-Fi.
How can you save your essential data when you use public Wi-Fi?
- If you need wireless Internet service, set up a virtual private network (VPN) that will allow you to access the Internet while traveling securely.
- You can enjoy without any hurdles secure browsing even on unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
The question raised here, what VPN service we have to use?
- Several VPN services out there. You can pay a tiny monthly fee or one–time annual fee to get full access.
- My recommended VPN is for travelers is Express VPN. It is one of the best VPN I ever used during my traveling. Express VPN works with almost all devices and operating systems. The Express VPN currently offers 170 server locations in 96 countries.
Note: If you don’t have a VPN facility and use public free Wi-Fi, avoid entering any passwords or logging into bank accounts.
5: It is Essential to Know about Your Surroundings and Travel Like a Locals
Be aware of your surroundings when you visit any location and plan your route in advance. This is very important to keep an eye on your luggage or belongings and use good judgment when talking to any strangers.
I know that this is a big part of happiness for a traveler when we meet new people, talk with strangers, and learn about their cultures. But if you realized someone is acting suspiciously, leave that area immediately without any second thought.
To read more: THE ICELANDIC HORSE – WHAT MAKES THIS HORSE UNIQUE?
6: It is Essential to Carry a Sarong
Sarong is an essential item to pack for any adventure. It can be used as a wrap. You can use it as a towel, a curtain, or a piece of clothing that can be worn in many different ways.
Whenever I traveled, I always kept one sarong in my belongings, saying that sarong has a top place in my easy-to-carry items.
To read more: How Sarong is Useful for Travel and Its Benefits
7: It is Essential to Carry Luggage You Can Handle
One of the main problems with travelers is that they packed many things in bags that become a disaster after that, and then they can’t carry the luggage properly. I can understand that if you are going somewhere or traveling abroad for a year and staying in the same place, you can carry all the things that will make the new house feel like a home. On the other hand, if you are going somewhere for a bit of a visit, you don’t have to carry all eggs to travel in a backpack.
I love to travel with light luggage or a backpack. It’s all in what you are happy and comfortable with.
To read more: 10 YOUTUBE TRAVEL VLOGGERS TO FOLLOW IN 2021
One main con to carry the heavy luggage;
- Know your luggage restrictions. If you carry heavy luggage, you pay attention to the bag’s center of balance. Every airline, bus company, and train company has different luggage restrictions, and it is not easy to work out.
- So, before you start packing for your trip, I advised you to do an online quick and make sure you know the restrictions of your luggage. Try to carry light luggage for your trip.
8: It is Essential to Get Vaccinated
As you know, we are living now in the era of a pandemic. Everywhere is Covid-19, now the vaccine of Covid-19 is available. You have to get vaccinated before traveling. Because you can’t travel without it in any country, before this pandemic, many countries require you to get vaccinated to visit them because of illness in a foreign country.
9: It is Essential to Separate Your Source of Money
You have to hide some cash in a separate bag. I’ll suggest, don’t keep all of your money and cards in the same spot. Hide some emergency cash, and emergency cash acts as a backup if you did not get the regular supply of cash and can’t replace it by usual means like banks and ATMs.
Here are some essential spots where you can hide some emergency cash;
- You can hide cash inside a gum wrapper.
- You can hide cash inside a Chapstick tube.
- You can hide cash inside the insole of your shoes.
- You can hide cash inside the pen.
- You can hide cash in socks or bras.
- You can hide cash in your phone’s cover.
- You can hide cash inside a flashlight battery compartment.
- If you have big hair, then you can hide cash in your hair.
To read more: TURKISH HAMMAM TIPS IN 2021 | TURKISH BATH ETIQUETTE
10: It is Essential to Book Accommodation in Advance
It is always an essential and good idea to book accommodation in advance. Live in touch and communicate with the property until you arrive.
This thing reduces stress; for example, when you already know where you are staying and where you have a reservation, you can head to your hotel immediately without any delay.
You can book the accommodation through Airbnb, Booking.com, and Agoda. It depends on you what your taste is. I always find places on Airbnb.
Traveling safely on steep and smooth roads is not rocket science. Now the world is not a dangerous place that you have to acquire specialized safety skills to survive.
Listen to your gut and follow your instincts. You have to be well informed about local risks, equipped with the proper safety gear, adequately dressed, and painstakingly aware of what is going on around you at all times.
You have to get some knowledge about some technical things. You have to learn something about some software program that you need to install, like VPN. Once everything you set up, you’ll be fly.
In the end, I shared my experience, which I learned during my traveling. I implemented all of these things that I stated above because these are essential and you also have to implement all of these.
Thank you for being with me!