To err is human. I was born for traveling. I’ve spent a lot of time driving on both smooth and steep roads. When I started this activity, I made many mistakes and learned essential travelling tips from essential travelling. I don’t know much about travelling, for instance, what I have to pack and whatnot.
Travelling can be fun; on the other hand, travelling can be hectic if you are not adequately prepared. Well, I know everyone has a different kind of taste. Everyone has different needs. But the things today I am going to discuss through this blog are common from every aspect.
As I quoted before, “To err is human.” Yes, humans make mistakes, forget necessities, or are not ready for the unexpected.
Hopefully, my blunders can help you save money, sleep better, stay safe, enjoy local cultures, and have the most wonderful trips while becoming a better traveller.
Without further delay, here are my essential travelling tips for world travel…
- 1 1: It is Essential to do Research
- 2 2: It is Essential to make Copies of your Documents
- 3 3: It is Essential to Keep updated with Your Friends and Family
- 4 4: It is Essential to Use VPN When Using Public Wi-Fi
- 5 5: It is quite important to be aware of your surroundings and to travel like a local.
- 6 6: It is Essential to Carry a Sarong
- 7 7: It is Essential to Carry Luggage You Can Handle
- 8 8: It is Essential to Get Vaccinated
- 9 9: It is Essential to Separate Your Source of Money
- 10 10: It is Essential to Book Accommodation in Advance
- 11 Final Thoughts…
1: It is Essential to do Research
You are travelling somewhere without any information, similar to searching for something in the darkness. It is essential to know about your destination before you arrive.
Where will you acquire information about your destination?
- According to my experience, talk with residents for info, learn about the hotels and motels, and know about the occurrences of criminality. You can read the traveller reviews on related websites of your destination.
- You have to learn about this thing, whom to call in an emergency. The essential thing you can do is get the contact info for the embassy, other local emergency departments, and the police station.
History or Background;
- History is a boring subject for some folks, but this thing is significant. Background knowledge of any country or city can also give you hints on how to be safe.
- It is an essential and wise decision to know about your destination’s weather and climate patterns so that you can visit your destination wisely. This will help you know about the road blockages and landslides if you travel in the mountain range.
- You’ll be aware of the beaches; in bad weather, beaches may be closed, and you won’t be able to enjoy sunbathing, diving, swimming, water sports, or other beach activities.
- When you get the information about the weather condition, you’ll pack and carry the appropriate things.
2: It is Essential to make Copies of your Documents
Carrying backups of crucial documents is always a sensible and intelligent move. You don’t know when and anywhere you might essential a copy of your ID, passport, or driving license. You can scan the documents to save online or take a photo and save it on your phone. Try to make a number of hard copies of your essential documents.
The benefit of making copies of your Documents;
- For example, you may have misplaced, stolen, or destroyed your passport during your vacation. You can show the hard or digital copy of your documents in an embassy and prove citizenship.
3: It is Essential to Keep updated with Your Friends and Family
I had a bad habit when I started travelling. I didn’t keep updated with my friends and family about my moves. I thought, If I tell my plans to my family members or my friends, they will try to stop and pleas. But, two times I faced some problems, I thought I had to tell my parents or friends about my moves.
That’s why I added this section, and it is essential to keep updated with your friends and family.
It doesn’t matter where you are going; it’s a good idea to tell family or friends back home. When you leave for your destination, I suggest sending a copy of your itinerary to trusted folks. They will communicate with your contacts on a regular basis to ensure that you are where you are supposed to be.
4: It is Essential to Use VPN When Using Public Wi-Fi
You can get free internet connection at bus stops, train stations, airports, hotels, malls, libraries, restaurants, coffee shops, and even public restrooms.
This is scepticism and raised an eyebrow, huh, really, do generous people exist in this world? Who is setting up all of these free wi-fi hotspots?
Hackers can hack your valuable info, including credit or debit card, when you use public Wi-Fi.
How can you save your essential data when you use public Wi-Fi?
- During require wireless internet services, If you need wireless Internet service, set of connections of a virtual private network (VPN) that will permit you to right to use the internet despite securely travelling.
- You can enjoy without any hurdles secure browsing even on unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
The question raised here, is what VPN service do we have to use?
- Several VPN services out there. You can pay a tiny monthly fee or one–time annual fee to get full access.
- Express VPN is my top recommendation for travellers. It is one of the greatest VPNs I have ever used while travelling. Express VPN works with almost all devices and operating systems. The Express VPN currently offers 170 server locations in 96 countries.
Note: If you don’t have a VPN facility and use public free Wi-Fi, avoid entering any passwords or logging into bank accounts.
5: It is quite important to be aware of your surroundings and to travel like a local.
Be aware of your surroundings when you visit any location and plan your route in advance. t is critical to keep a watch on your bags or valuables and to exercise caution when speaking with strangers.
I know that this is a big part of happiness for a traveller when we meet new people, talk with strangers, and learn about their cultures. However, if you notice someone acting suspiciously, leave the location without hesitation.
To read more: THE ICELANDIC HORSE – WHAT MAKES THIS HORSE UNIQUE?
6: It is Essential to Carry a Sarong
Sarong is an important item to pack for any adventure. It can be used as a wrap. You can use it as a towel, a curtain, or a piece of clothing that can be worn in many different ways.
Whenever I travelled, I always kept one sarong in my belongings, saying that the sarong has a top place in my easy-to-carry items.
To read more: How Sarong is Useful for Travel and Its Benefits
7: It is Essential to Carry Luggage You Can Handle
One of the main problems with travellers is that they packed many things in bags that become a disaster after that, and then they can’t carry the luggage properly. I can understand that if you are going somewhere or travelling abroad for a year and staying in the same place, you can carry all the things that will make the new house feel like a home. On the other hand, if you are going somewhere for a bit of a visit, you don’t have to carry all eggs to travel in a backpack.
I love to travel with light luggage or a backpack. It’s all in what you are happy and comfortable with.
To read more: 10 YOUTUBE TRAVEL VLOGGERS TO FOLLOW IN 2021
One main con to carrying the heavy luggage;
- One major disadvantage of carrying hefty luggage is that you must be aware of your luggage constraints. When transporting large luggage, you pay close attention to the bag’s center of balance. Each airline, bus company, and train company has different rules about luggage that are hard to understand.
- So, before you start packing for your trip, I recommend doing a fast online check to ensure you understand the luggage restrictions. For your journey, try to bring light luggage.
8: It is Essential to Get Vaccinated
As you know, we are living now in the era of a pandemic. Everywhere is Covid-19, now the vaccine for Covid-19 is available. You have to get vaccinated before travelling. Because you can’t travel without it in any place, several countries required you to get vaccinated before visiting them due to disease in a foreign country prior to this epidemic.
9: It is Essential to Separate Your Source of Money
You have to hide some cash in a separate bag. I’ll suggest, don’t keep all of your money and cards in the same spot. Hide some emergency cash, and emergency cash acts as a backup if you did not get the regular supply of cash and can’t replace it by usual means like banks and ATMs.
Here are some essential spots where you can hide some emergency cash;
- You can hide cash inside a gum wrapper.
- You can hide cash inside a Chapstick tube.
- You can hide cash inside the insole of your shoes.
- You can hide cash inside the pen.
- You can hide cash in socks or bras.
- You can hide cash on your phone’s cover.
- You can hide cash inside a flashlight battery compartment.
- If you have big hair, then you can hide cash in your hair.
To read more: TURKISH HAMMAM TIPS IN 2021 | TURKISH BATH ETIQUETTE
10: It is Essential to Book Accommodation in Advance
It is always an essential and good idea to book accommodation in advance. Keep in touch with the property and interact with it until you arrive.
This thing reduces stress; for example, when you already know where you are staying and where you have a reservation, you can head to your hotel immediately without any delay.
You can book the accommodation through Airbnb, Booking.com, and Agoda. It depends on you what your taste is. I always find places on Airbnb.
It is not difficult to travel safely on both hilly and flat routes. Now the world is not a dangerous place where you have to acquire specialized safety skills to survive.
Listen to your gut and follow your instincts. You have to be well informed about local risks, equipped with the proper safety gear, adequately dressed, and painstakingly aware of what is going on around you at all times.
You must get some technological knowledge. You have to learn something about some software programs that you need to install, like VPN. Once everything you set up, you’ll be fly.
In the end, I shared my experience, which I learned during my travelling. I implemented all of these things that I stated above because these are essential and you also have to implement all of these.
Thank you for being with me!